It's the eve before Apple's big reveal on the new iPhone. I always like to give a few predictions, of which I am usually terribly short-sighted or flat-out wrong. So I'm going to try to be a little more conservative this year, and just give my gut feelings on the some of the rumors.
- We will see a new iPhone, and it will be available very soon.
- It will not have a ridiculous 4-inch screen.
- Everything else is fair game. My gut says A5 processor, more RAM (but that won't be disclosed by Apple), and a better camera.
- Sprint will be a new carrier in the US. And they'll be offering sweetheart plans because they're desperate to sell iPhones.
- The new iPhone will support a previously unannounced feature of iOS 5 that other iPhones will not.
- We will get a release date for iOS 5, iCloud, and OS X 10.7.2. I would wager a couple days prior to the release of the new iPhone.
- iCloud will have one more really awesome thing to make it that much more of a big deal. I have no idea what that may be, but I have a hunch. Come on, this is Apple's baby for the next decade.
- We'll hear some news about refreshed iPods for the holidays. Nothing major. The classic will be dispatched to its Great Reward.